Adventures in Bobbyland

Random babblings on life as a former geek now stay-at-home mom with one son, one husband, one puppy, and a wireless laptop.

2/02/2006

Well, here goes!

Wow...I have serious blank paper syndrome right now. I'm usually an editor, not a creator. I haven't written original content since I left my full-time job 2 years ago. But in the interest of communicating with the wider world of friends and family, here goes!

Quick intro, in case anyone who doesn't already know me reads this:

  • I'm 34, from coastal North Carolina, then Indiana, love reading, computers, foreign languages and hate math and housecleaning.
  • I've been married 11 years to Doug (surprise, we have a blog, honey), who's from Indiana.
  • We have a wonderful 2 year old mildly-autistic son, Bobby. He's in occupational and speech therapy and learning sign language. He's very affectionate and a basically happy child. He doesn't talk yet, though.
  • We also have a sweet but messy English Springer Spaniel named Spirit. He's almost 3. So, we essentially have 2 toddlers in the house :)
  • We live near Atlanta, since I don't do snow and cold weather very happily.

'Nuff of that.

I love to read other people's blogs, mostly the slacker-mom variety, so there may be random links in here of that type. I also spend way too much time doing web research on autism, speech delay, special ed and other related stuff that might be of use to Bobby. And I have to admit, I'm addicted to eBay.

This "writing thing" is weird...I usually grab the phone when I want to "reach out and touch someone", but at 1 am, the voice at the other end might not be too pleased.

OK. Time to post this and see if I look like a blithering idiot. G'night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home